Hi everyone! Here is a commission that I finished a few days ago and I just haven't gotten around to posting. It is my second rainbow pistol and it is pretty different from my first one.
The first difference from my first rainbow pistol that you might notice is just the general looks of it. It uses opaque PVC instead of clear, has non-stained handles, and has sanded polycarbonate trigger thingies. My commissioner wanted to keep this on the cheaper side so I made it with opaque PVC and mostly existing materials.
I changed the design of the handle a bit to make the part that attaches to the PVC thicker. This allowed me to make the handle more secure. I also tried a new method of aligning the catch where I drill and tap two holes on the PVC and put screws in. I then put the rainbow catch in and made the screws go in the front part of the catch to hold it steady. I know it sounds confusing, but it worked pretty well. I'm going to keep experimenting with different methods of installing the catch in opaque PVC until I get a perfect method though. Another design change that I made was that I screwed in the block in front of the trigger from the bottom. This gets rid of having another hole in the top of the blaster and makes everything look clean.
- U-cup seal
- Different handle design
- Polycarbonate pull
- Square plunger rod
- 3" of draw
- 11 coils of a K25 spring
I also made a small RSCB clip for it that works very well. It holds 4 slugs and gets almost singles ranges. I included a 7 dart RSCB tube with it too, but the ranges really suffer when using it. Due to snow, I cannot range test this, though I expect the ranges to be very good. The seal on this pistol is nearly perfect with the u-cup seal and everything functions perfectly. I am very happy with this blaster and I would like to know what you think about it.
Stay tuned for a rainbowpump!