Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Frankenstein

Here is my latest project named The Frankenstein. I think you can figure out why it is named the Frankenstein if you look at the picture.

More info after the jump!
The Frankenstein is essentially an expanded hornet tank in a Furyfire shell. This was not meant to be a good looking or clean mod but more an experiment. My experiment was to see if I could expand a hornet tank without cutting open the tank itself. It was a success and  I will be expanding more hornet tanks this way.

The extra tank is the little pvc stub with end caps that you can see in the above picture. I can tell you that it works great with ranges of +100 feet! That is only with 2 pumps and a front loaded slug.
Features:
- Externally expanded hornet tank
- PVC bushing
- Trigger linked to blast button
- A lot of external tubing
- Bike pump
Now I know what you are thinking, "Why did he attach the pump with duct tape?". Well, I did that because I needed a temporary solution to hold it on until I get some zip-ties. 
Other than the pump, this is an incredibly fun blaster to play around with. With a smaller pump, this would be something that I would actually consider using. Even though it had barely enough volume to use a hopper, this is a really awesome blaster with really awesome ranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment