Sunday, January 4, 2015

Homemade Air Blaster

Well, as you might be able to tell, I was not able to post over my break like I said I would. I did have time, but I had other things to do and I honestly didn't feel like writing a post. I was on break and I wanted to do nothing productive. Now that it is my last day of break and I need an excuse not to do my school work, I'm deciding to post this.

This is my homemade air blaster that it made from not all homemade parts.














What this blaster essentially is is a glorified expanded Hornet tank. I expanded the Hornet tank over the summer (maybe before that, I can't remember) and I was deciding what to do with it. I was thinking of putting in inside of a blaster, but I decided that many people had already done stuff like that. I then thought that I would try to make a homemade polycarbonate version like Venom did with Hornet tanks, but then I realized that I had no materials and no cash flow. In the end, this is what I ended up with. It uses parts that I already had and I think it turned out very well.














The construction is fairly simple. On top is a Hornet tank that is expanded from the back using 1" PVC and a 1" PVC endcap. There is then a 1/2" PVC coupler epoxied to the tank so that it can take barrels and I piece of 1.25" PVC slide over the whole thing for looks and for some safety. The top and the bottom of the blaster are secured together using two polycarbonate plates. These plates are just screwed into the 1.25" PVC and make the blaster very stable. On the bottom is a bike pump that I took off of my frankenstein blaster. The pump is not held in by any screws or adhesives. Instead, it is sandwiched between PVC. It cannot be pulled out because the 1.25" PVC slot stops is and it cannot be pushed inward because the 1" PVC used for a connection stops it. Moving back is the handle and blast button piece.














This piece uses a long shot front gun handle and a Hornet blast button. The lsfg handle is secured by being put into a slot cut out for it in the 1.25" PVC. It is kind of like how it actually goes into the lsfg, but just made out of PVC. I then used some hot glue to further secure it even though it wasn't necessary. The blast button is glued to the handle and has a small screw glued to it in order for it to be pressed by the trigger. Overall, this system works very well and it fires effectively. 














This blaster fills up in 3-5 pumps depending on how hard you want it to shoot. With 3 pumps, it gets standard homemade ranges using slugs. Surprisingly, it can fire out of a hopper too on a competitive level with springer homemades. This thing has an incredibly high velocity when it is shot. I don't have a chrony, but this shoots through multiple layers of cardboard with ease, unlike some of my springers. It is a very powerful blaster and I am very happy that it works so well.

Well, thats it for now. Sorry that this took so long for me to post. I think I'll try to make at least one post every 3-4 weeks (month), so be looking for that. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment